Thursday, April 16, 2009

3 reasons why I do not want to go UQ

Last paper tomorrow...Chemistry 2 from 5pm-7pm!! Going down to KL straight after my exam with Baiks&Buruks. I am the baiks :P Will be going to Genting for a day trip on Saturday, sleep on Sunday and will be going to Seremban for a movie...'coming soon'!!. I wanna scream!! XD

The original members of Baiks&Buruks, we have 2 more additional people but I don't have their pics.

So its almost time for me to decide which university to go to...many people have asked me this..."Why are you not going to UQ? Your bf is there right? Im sure he wants you to go there right? Did he ask you to?". So I told 1 of my close friend about this, and he said "Yea, been wanting to ask you that too...so why?". I've answered so many times and I am tired of it....will post up the reasons why, and if whoever ask me or wanna know...check this post yea...

1. NEVER HAD A THOUGHT OF GOING TO UQ IN MY LIFE
Although UQ is one of the top Uni for reasearch, its well known too...but they DON'T HAVE THE COURSE THAT I WANT! They have a nutrition course there, but no Food Science which I am interested in. Not interested with those nutrition stuff, don't wanna be a nutritionist and I do not want to consult people. I myself am not eating healthy food & I don't wanna be a 'nutrient' freak.


2. Money...money...money...
"Aiyo...50k difference nia than NZ". Rm50k is a big difference ok? -.-" UQ is in the city, Brisbane...capital of Queensland? My big bro just graduated last year, he's been in Australia for 3 years and now he has no stable job with a stable income. I am going overseas for 2 years & my bro is still studying in INTI, 1 year left and he might further his studies overseas next time. Living cost is definitely high there and my dad can't promise to let me finish my 2 year degree in Australia...maybe just 1.5years...taxing to my parents...


3. "... Im sure he wants you to go there right? Did he ask you to?"
No he didn't, but he did mention if he does go to UNSW though. UQ was kinda a last minute choice for him because his offer letter came late. Nah, don't think HE wants me to go there...even if he does, I never intend to go to the same Uni as him. Don't wanna follow him...
i) Campus in a different area. It hurts more when you know that you are so near to each other but you can't spend time with him. Let him have his own life & my own too...its just a few more years & next time I'll have him all to myself :P forever!! ^^

ii) Study!! Crucial point of life to determine my future! and his, and yours too! Dating comes later! Can't get distracted! >.<" (my grades did improve! LOL!)

iii) Dsitance makes the heart fonder. We still keep in touch with each other. With technology nowadays...how hard is it to communicate? e-mail, sms, webcam sometimes?, MSN...etc...I know that he will wait for me & I will too :)

So this person said "Come with me to Adelaide la...". I will if I can't get into the Unis in NZ or the offer is bad. If I do go to Adelaide (which will be the last choice, 100% can get in since its a partner Uni of my course), will be doing Food Science& Nutrition, trying to avoid it...but it will be my last resort!! I do not want to follow people to which Uni they are going to...but I hope they follow me instead ;P

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!! Ciaoz


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hmmm.. tough decision ya..
sorry i cant help much..
anyway, wishing you all the best! =D

SuE RaY said...

which ever uni u do go to,
hope that its the best choice u make..

and that u have tonnes of fun,
gain lots of experience..

all the best soph..
:D

Sophia Lee said...

thanks guys :)