Tuesday, February 17, 2009

"A flower a day keeps the sorrow away"

The title is applicable to girls only! It just pop-ed out from my thoughts since I want a catchy title...inspired by "An apple a day keeps the doctor away". Just ignore it, because if you do give flowers everyday, she'll get bored of them!

Valentine's day was over a few days ago, and florists definitely earned big bucks! Had a chat with my 'girlfriends' and the topic was non other than valentines! So this friend of mine, who is also my classmate...told me about her story (it goes something like this). On Sunday, after valentines...she and 3 other of her close friends (A,B and C) were at A's apartment. So there were a dozen of roses in a vase on her table with a note from 'unknown'. She knew it was from her bf who was studying in Australia. But how can he deliver them to her when he's not in Malaysia? Well, he called up a florist in Malaysia and asked his best friend to collect and deliver it to A's doorstep! How sweet! They were all jealous of course! I would be too!
Story 2. Same friend of mine, where by this guy and her are best friends. But that guy has a girlfriend. So he always ask my friend for opinion, on what to buy for his girl, where to bring her out for dinner during special occasions, what to do during her birthday and Valentine's day. So this time, he asked my friend's opinion on what to get for his girl during Valentine. And she thought about my 'flower' story! (which I will mention later). So she told him to get her flowers, so he did and his girl was really happy because she did hint him about getting flowers ;) awwww

About my 'flower' story...so I do love flowers, BUT I never got any from Jared...not even during my birthday, or valentine's...nor prom. Was disappointed, but I guess am fine with it now. I do envy girls who got lovely bouquet of flowers from their boyfriend. I did hint him many times but I guess he doesn't get it, or he is just ignorant.

Jared: Erm, no idea what to give you for valentine's...
Me: Internet have so many ideas...go there and find la...
Jared: Ok...
-after a short silence-
Me: I want flowers!
Jared: Don't know where to buy...
Me: Go and pluck some flowers la...
Jared: Don't know where to find...

Seems silly? One thing, his area...doesn't sell flowers I guess, since they don't even have a McD! Well, he said he is not the type of person who gives flowers, he is the type who makes own things or arts to give. Sadly, he is out of ideas. Which I do not know why. Never got any from him anyways. When I received flowers from other guys, he doesn't know how is he suppose to feel. I think that is jealous, but he say he is not...just some unknown feelings. Probably insecurity? Just wished I could get one from him...maybe during our wedding? ^^ I remembered during my first semester in INTI, Valentine's was on a Wednesday, Christian Fellowship was held every Wednesday. They had a special event for the girls. Every guy lined up at the side of the entrance and gave a rose to the girls when they walked in. I got 4, so when Jared saw I got 4, he threw back the rose and didn't give it to anyone. I wasn't with him then...could have gotten 1 from him! >.<"



As the saying goes, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach". How about "The way to a woman's heart is through flowers"?

Say it with flowers!
.
.
.

0 comments: