Friday, June 12, 2009

English, a major problem in Malaysia

You have to agree with me! You must be wondering...Why is their English (grammar, spelling, vocabulary etc) so crappy! I won't say mine is perfect too. So why why why?? Maybe people of different race can't accept other language in their society?? For example, I just met a Chinese so he/she started speaking Mandarin to me! They assume that ALL Chinese can speak Mandarin (which is not true), that's why they do so? Just in case you're wondering, I can speak Mandarin.
Maybe these pictures do explain a bit...

A 'Thank You' card. Is the person trying to say 'Thank You' or 'For You'? Maybe both!

Ah! Direct translation from Mandarin!


I want a bowl of noddle pleaseeeee


They tried to sound classy but they failed. Notice the 'Logan Juice'? First time hearing such drink.


What would an European thinks when one sees this...hmm...

The best of all...
.
.
.
Try to pronounce it...kon-ver-res

So what can we do to help them? Get books for your friends during their birthday?! Attend an English improvement class? I am sure some bloggers out there have these problems too...so they blog to strengthen their English! The only way...SPEAK, READ, WRITE AND LISTEN! Do not fear! Do not raise your temper if someone correct your mistake.
Practice makes perfect!

10 comments:

Boozie said...

lol i totally agree! tis has been going on for so long..

yungchien said...

LOLX! I was laughing like mad looking at the pictures... XD

*ahem* sorry. I'm a bloghopper~ (actually i came here from innit) =P
cuz I couldn't agree more! I mean, yeah.. I ain't perfect, too.. but some are just too much.

Like those pictures... I've seen lot worse though.. but I can't recall... anyway :p nice post! ^^

*i tend to use broken english alot in my blogposts though... bad habit xD*

Anonymous said...

LOL! FAIL!

malaysia boleh mah.

Anonymous said...

lol one of the pic from bakery?
and.. jin fan wan? lol
english.. hmm..
me english no good also..
how? =(

Anonymous said...

Wow, Europian choc, so hike klass!

Anonymous said...

isn't it 'a european' instead of 'an european'?
sorry,i just want to make sure.

Anonymous said...

pardon me,

your own English is not so powerful too..

i.e.

"Get books for your friends who during their birthday"

What is that??

Don't you see it?

OH SO EMBARRASSING!

Upgrade yourself before you become a critic.

I had a good laugh because of you. Thanks, for the entertainment.

Love,
Auby

Sherene said...

soph, you have got here my fav text line.
"Do not fear!"
Yea, baybeh!
Let us all improve our english with much much humbleness and a teachable heart.

Sophia Lee said...

I guess its 'an european'...correct me if i am wrong..

Oh auby, it was a typo ...geez

Anonymous said...

i wonder how did you spot all these "mistakes"..


i thought we can only see them in China.. =P